- Unbox printer.
- remove orange packing tape.
- unbox power cords and usb cable, install.
- open front pull-down cover, and one under it - push down on grey loops gently and put in inkjet cartridges.
- Put paper in at bottom, only hold 50 sheets or so.
- turn on, wait.
- open terminal window, type sudo ls and enter pw.
- open browser, get download from http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0100515301.html
- in terminal, cd ~/Downloads
- tar -xzvf cnijfilter*
- On printer, turn off and on again just in case.
- sudo ./install.sh
- follow prompts accepting defaults.
- in browser, open google.com and print open page as test. Should hear printer working.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
SOLVED: Ubuntu installation of Canon MX452 Inkjet Printer
Unlike many printers and Linux, this install went simply.